Friday, December 10, 2010

Conclusion

From the interviews I have conducted and from research, I did find that there is a link between women with absent or abusive fathers and their choice in picking abusive men. Doctor Jane says that mothers serve as role models for their daughters but fathers are supposed to be there to help their daughters regard themselves  and to show them what kind “of relationships are healthy and what to look for in co-parenting relationships.” I have, since leaving my relationship, have not gotten into any sort of long lasting bond with anyone. I am still battling with trust issues and if any relationship even looks like it may be heading in the direction of what I had just left, I hit the floor running and don’t even look back. While I do hope to get married and maybe even have one or more children, I am strangely comfortable with the idea that  I may be alone. I admit that I am possibly emotionally stunted and I may miss out on something substantial. However, the end result for me is this, while I may miss out, I would rather have peace of mind and safety rather than take the chance and have it turn out in a violent way. As women, we are resilient creatures and I truly believe that we can learn from any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment